Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Pot Limit Omaha Royal Flush

When you play as much poker as I do, you are bound to hit some monster hands from time to time. I was fortunate enough to hit this royal flush about 3 weeks before I hit the one in stud 8/b. Again, I'm in seat #1 and my comments are in italics. To start this hand, I was down about 2 to 1 in chips. At the end of the hand, I had a small chip lead. Here is how it went down:

Heads Up Sit & Go - 20/40 - Pot Limit Omaha

Seat 1 (900)

Seat 2 (2,100)

Seat 2 posts the small blind of 20

Seat 1 posts the big blind of 40

The button is in seat #2

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to Seat 1 [4h Tc Js Jc]

Seat 2 calls 20

Seat 1 checks

I rarely raise preflop in PLO--that is just the nature of my game. The blinds are still small enough that I don' t need to gamble.

*** FLOP *** [Kd Ac Qc]

Seat 1 bets 40

Seat 2calls 40

I just flopped the nuts with a great redraw. I want to find out where I am at, so I'll bet half of the pot. I didn't get raised, so I probably have the best hand.

*** TURN *** [Kd Ac Qc] [Kc]

Seat 1 bets 80

Seat 2 calls 80

At a full table, I definitely check the royal here. However, I'll disguise my hand by leading out for another half pot bet. If my opponent hit his flush, I'll probably get paid off on the river too. I'm really hoping that he is full at this point.

*** RIVER *** [Kd Ac Qc Kc] [9d]

Seat 1 bets 160

Seat 2calls 160

I'll put in a half pot value bet here. The 9 makes for more straight possibilities. I hope to get paid off or raised.

*** SHOW DOWN ***

Seat 1 shows [4h Tc Js Jc] (a Royal Flush)

Seat 2 mucks

Seat 1 wins the pot (640) with a Royal Flush

The blinds are now 25/50

*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 640 Rake 0 Board: [Kd Ac Qc Kc 9d]

Seat 1 (big blind) showed [4h Tc Js Jc] and won (640) with a Royal Flush

Seat 2 (small blind) mucked [Ts Ad 4c 2c] - a flush, Ace high

I got called down by a weak flush. I love donkeys in heads up play.


No comments: